Father Marquette Catholic Academy is always looking for ways to improve. We value your feedback, suggestions, and ideas. Please provide them in our parent grievance form. You may submit it anonymously, or you may provide your email address so we can respond to your submission.
Situations may occur where a parent has a complaint regarding the school or school personnel. We take complaints seriously, and we will address them. Please follow the following steps in resolving a grievance:
- Step one: Have a conversation with the person most directly involved and attempt to resolve the issue. In most cases, this will be your child’s classroom teacher.
- Step two: If step one does not resolve the concern, put your concern in writing on the parent grievance form. Select “Step two (principal)” on the form to indicate this request is for step two. The form will be routed to the principal electronically. The principal will contact you within ten business days to schedule a conference with you to review the grievance. After the review, you will receive a written response within ten business days.
- Step three: If step two does not resolve the concern, please submit the parent grievance form. Select “Step three (lead pastor)” on the form to indicate this request is for step three. The lead pastor of the pastoral team will contact you within ten business days to schedule a conference with you to review the grievance. The lead pastor will bring grievances at step three to the school council in closed session at the next scheduled council meeting. The purpose of this step is for the pastor to receive council input toward resolution of the grievance. We will not accept public comment about the grievance at the council meeting. The pastor will provide you with a written response within ten business days of the council meeting.
- Step four: If step three does not resolve the concern, submit the parent grievance form. Select “Step four (diocesan director of evangelization & education)” on the form to indicate this grievance has not been satisfactorily resolved in steps one, two, or three. The diocesan director of evangelization & education will review this complaint and provide you with a written response within ten business days. The resolution at this step is final.
- The conversations called for in this grievance procedure are face-to-face. Please avoid using email, text, or social media as a substitute, which mask or inflame emotion and usually make things worse.
- A complaint about a student should not be addressed to the child, but to the appropriate staff member.
- Express a concern as soon as you are aware of it so it can be resolved promptly.
- The goal of this procedure is to produce a solution. Not all resolutions will satisfy everyone, but the existence of this procedure helps ensure that we address concerns in an orderly manner with a clear response at each step, and ultimately, closure.
For more information regarding the grievance process, please refer to the grievance procedure for parents.